Joining, more slicing and then.....it's perfect...NOT!!! I so wish that were the case. Instead, RIPPING OUT and MORE RIPPING OUT! But, when one way doesn't work, it inevitably leads to another solution, and if that doesn't work something else has a way of presenting itself.
I'm insetting pieces that are already quilted....that is a dilemma all of it's own.
The striped piece in the lower right-hand corner was already quilted. In the first block the back of the block is just one plain piece of fabric.
Again the striped triangle was already quilted, but this time I figured out how to expose the quilted back, of the previously quilted triangle as well......
Block Two (back)
Block Three (back)
I used a different method for exposing the previously quilted triangle here....this one works, but is a little more convoluted.
Block Four (back)
I just have a plain back here.....this was before I figured out how to expose the back, of the previously inset quilted piece.
Block Six.... still in process
Again the back is plain.
The slicing and ripping out, multiple times, can be a painful experience.....but the resulting solutions are often gold.
That's something I have to keep reminding myself of, throughout the process.